Thursday, September 20, 2007

Todays blog

I haven't bloged in awhile mainly because it seems rather futel. Who's going to read it anyway other than my wonderful Flip-flop Sparkle Sisters? But I suppose its a venue to express my thoughts frustrations. But then again do I really want to have my thoughts out there for all of cyber-eternity? Ah, hell, noby reads this stuff anyway.
So if somebody happens to read my blog, just know I'm not going to worry about the fact that I can't spell worth a damn. This is my place to purge my thoughts so chunks of bad writing and mispelled words will errupt along with the rest.
Boy I sound really jaded but I'm not. I'm a very happy person. I'm returning to school at 47 which has been an experience. I am dong what I"ve wanted to do since I could hold a pen in my hand. I'm writing and I'm getng a degree in English. I hope to enter the Masters program in the spring. I love every class I'm taking. At first, I was really insecure about being so old. I tend to think the prof is in a conversation with me and I'm dying to answer all the questions. I'm competitive enough that I want be the one that knows all the answers, to have my papers turned in first. Incredibly irritating to the other students. God I hope I'm not one of those old farts that annoys the hell out of everyone. Thereis more tha tI want to say but not tonight. So I'll add more tomorrow or next month.

5 comments:

Shannon Canard said...

Hey,

You're not an old fart! And I'm jealous because I want to go back to school too, but that's just because I'm a lifetime student. I love school. I'd like to work on a PhD. Though I have no idea what I'd do with it. Teach? Doubt it. I just wanna learn.

Andrea Geist said...

I'm with Shannon. And I'm glad you are blogging. P.S. I can't spell worth a dam (damn - ha!) either.

L.A. Mitchell said...

Mary,
Youre one of the funniest, most positive people I know and I love reading your blog. Keep at it, sista!

Suzanne said...

Hey Mym! Hmmmm if you are an "old fart" not sure what that makes me as I am older than you!! I have known you almost 30 years now and you are still one of my nearest and dearest friends. Thanks for sharing this link with me. I am not a "blogger" but I very much enjoyed reading your thoughts! Love you!

K.M. Saint James said...

I love that you show up from time to time. Remember to dance like no one is watching and you dance great . . . well, I believe, write like no one is reading and great things will come out of your fingers.